Sunday, April 5, 2015

Weeks 8 - 10: More Trees, Linked Lists, Term Test

     We worked on quite a lot during these weeks!  Here is where it started to get more complicated for me.  While I had some experience with the ideas presented, I hadn't ever put them to use before.
     We did Binary Search Trees, which were a great way of sorting out numbers and operations.  I found it much more efficient and fascinating, as I loved the logic behind it.  As strange and nerdy as that sounds, trees are extremely interesting to me.
     We also started learning about linked lists, which weren't as exciting for me.  I liked the logic behind them, but to me, as there was no set order or way in which to view them other than going through it, I found them restricting.  While it can be good for certain things, I didn't like experimenting with them.
     These were hard weeks without the TAs.  I did the labs on my own, but these were times where I started having more questions and almost no one to help me answer them.  However, I will admit, it felt wonderful once I did figure out how to finish the lab problems.
     In addition, we had our second term test.  I remember my impressions being that it was harder than I expected but that I was able to really get through it anyways.  I did pretty well on it, as well--I expected a lower grade.  I'm pretty satisfied with how I've been able to keep up, even without the TAs.  Hopefully my work contributes towards a good grade on the final exam, which I'm extremely nervous about, especially since we didn't have tutorials.
     Otherwise, CSC148 is much easier than I expected.  Yes, it does present challenges, but they're not challenges I feel I can't overcome.  The logic behind it is sound and I feel much more secure here than I did with CSC165, where I was seriously doubting any sort of computer science-oriented abilities that I had.  Hopefully this keeps up!

No comments:

Post a Comment