Sunday, April 5, 2015

Week 11: Looking Back

     I'm looking back at my "Weeks 4 & 5: Impressions & Recursion" slog right now, and I do still agree with the majority of it.
     I did like the gentle transition from CSC108 to CSC148.  I feel like this class was extremely wonderful in how it handled teaching us things slowly but efficiently.  We learned a lot, though it feels more familiar and I'm more confident with what I've learned now compared to classes such as CSC165, where I was struggling to keep up.  The pace of CSC148 was wonderful, and I stand by that statement.
     I think now that I am more comfortable with certain ideas, I found that the second term test didn't feel so rushed.  Of course, it still felt like it was an unfairly short period of time for so much writing, but I was able to think and plan out more for the second term test.  I'm hoping for a good grade and more time on our final exam, which I am studying for whenever I get the chance.
     I've gotten much better at understanding recursion and I've found it extremely useful, especially in A3, which didn't feel so much like a struggle (though admittedly, that might've been because of the strike).  My partners and I got it done earlier than usual and we believe we did pretty well on it.  Hopefully that's true.
     My partners in crime assignments are Sophie and Justin, two excellent people who have been so very helpful and patient with me this whole time.  In Sophie's slog, she mentions how nice the pace of CSC148 is and how nothing is exactly overcomplicated and simply requires practice, both things that I agree with.  In addition, I share Justin's love of recursion, as confusing and annoying as it can be to me sometimes.  I loved reading through their slogs, both of which helped me formulate my own ideas and thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with your point about the gentle transition, especially speaking as someone who didn't actually take CSC108.
    Shoutout to finishing Assignment 3 early enough that I could go home and take another nap!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoutout to you for not taking CSC108 and really getting things done! You've been great. :)
      And yes, I was so happy about that. x3

      Delete