Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week Six, What a Mix

     I'm quite enthusiastic with my score on the past test.  I did rather well, and I'm glad that all my studying and such paid off.  I'm very happy with what I was able to accomplish, even if I'm not totally understanding every single bit of it.  I'm getting there.
     This week we learned even more about proofs, which admittedly, I'm still poor at.  I'm really getting the structure down now, but I don't think I'm really ready to apply it yet (though, I'm quite sure it's probably part of our next tutorial).  
     I'm currently looking into how to really write a proof--not just a structure, but everything to fill in the blanks.  How do you jump from one statement to the next?  Can you just reverse it without explanation?  Should you explain everything (the scratch work), or just the steps to get to the end?  How much work do we show, and how much do we actually need?  It's confusing and it varies.  Admittedly, it's even more confusing when you're taking MAT137 and the structure, work, and logic can be completely different.  I keep mixing the two up.
     Anyways, there's not much to talk about this week.  I'm ecstatic that I didn't do poorly on the test whatsoever and I'll keep on charging through, but I sincerely hope I start to understand proofs more as we keep going.  

     Best Wishes!
     Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment