Saturday, February 7, 2015

Weeks 4 & 5: Impressions & Recursion

Apologizes for not writing a SLOG last week.  It completely slipped my mind, I'll admit.  So I'll cover both topics in this post.

The first few weeks were admittedly a very easy but nice transition into CSC148 from CSC108.  I guess it's because I've taken computer science courses before, but the first few weeks were rather easy.  Of course, it's always good to review again and I was glad for it.  Now, we're delving into things I haven't done, which is good considering the gentle build up to it.  I'm excited to see what happens next and how I'll deal with it.

The midterm was easy, but I honestly wish we got more time to write everything.  I'm sure my grade isn't great because I was rushing the whole time, and even at the end, I still hadn't finished writing what I wanted to write.  Perhaps I'm a slow reader and thinker, but most people around me had the same complaints.  Though I'm annoyed, I do feel okay with it.  I think I got the majority of it done, and done well.

Tracing recursion isn't my strongest suit, but it was easy enough.  Admittedly, I do mess up here and there because I rush through things and I don't like to take time going through each and every step, but overall, I think I've got the hang of it.  I just need to slow down and check my work, especially on the more complicated bits of code.  I did like the practice, because I'm so bad at tracing code overall.  I think it really contributed to my understanding of recursion and coding.

That's it for now, so hopefully I remember to post again next week.  I'm looking forward to it!

Best Wishes,
Dominique

2 comments:

  1. I liked the gentle build in the first week too, hope we won't get swamped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember originally reading this and thinking, "Oh gosh, I'll cry if that happens." I think it was pretty manageable! :D

      Delete